Good writing is the foundation of good business; the ability to communicate concisely and effectively with your employees, colleagues, customers and the public, will greatly assist you to get ahead. Differentiate yourself from the competition by learning the fundamentals of written communication while discovering the power of effective writing skills.
This specially designed 2-day training helps develop and refine your writing skills, empowering you to use your competitive edge in writing to get your point across in a clear and concise manner. Your active participation in our program provides you with a rigorous training environment, enabling you to apply and sustain your learning with the aim of forming winning habits.
At the end of the training, you should have gained the ability to create a positive impact at every opportunity where effective business writing is required.
Impress The Point! Through Effective Business Writing focuses on the following areas:
After completing the training, you should be able to:
• Build winning relationships with your readers; employees, colleagues, customers and the public
• Discover and model your writing style to others
• Use various writing strategies to achieve any desired outcome
• Express your point effectively
• Rediscover your passion in writing
To change your direction, shift your thinking.
However long ago you learned to ride a bicycle, it’s likely an experience you’ve never forgotten. The skill remains with you today. When was your last corporate training program? How much of what was learned is actively applied in your business today? Are all that remains the workshop manuals left on your shelf?
Our programs are initiatives that last. They encourage new ways of thinking. They open up ways to create extraordinary achievements. We believe individual behavior and attitude contribute significantly to the overall excellence of your organization. So we focus on what really matters.
Our unique methodology of combining experiential, instructional and discovery learning, and supported by modern coaching technology, creates powerful shifts in attitudes and behavior that will encourage sustainable change in your organization. These changes make an impact on results where it matters.
In our programs, you can expect an extensive use of case studies, debriefing, dyads, facilitated coaching, feedback, games and activities, group discussions, lectures, psychodramas, simulations, story-telling and structured instruments.
PEOPLE WHO SEARCHED THIS ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN:
Module 1: Overview
• Context setting
• Definition of written communication
• Why is good business writing well for business
• The 7Cs of professional business writing
• Commonly used business documents
Module 2: Writing Is Easy
• Developing a focused mindset towards writing
• Who will catch the Road Runner?
• The Fear Factor
• Getting to results
Module 3: The Writing Process
• Context and content
• Define the purpose
• Objective, audience, and tone
• Building objectives
• Discover your strategy
Module 4: Planning
• Visualization of facts and ideas
• The role of details
Module 5: Writing
• Definition of writing style
• The 5 proven styles of writing
• Writing models
• Relationship between styles and models
• Choosing the style and model of writing
Module 6: Presenting
• The past and future perspective
• How to write a business memo
• How to write a sales proposal
• How to write a press release
• How to write a business email
• How to write a business Thank-You note
• How to write a business proposal
• How to write a business report
• How to write an executive summary
• Scenario writing
• Relationship between styles, models, and formats
Module 7: Revising
• The critical 3-step approach in revising
• The 5+1 Assessment Rule
• Focusing on positives
• Consistency in writing
• Active vs passive
• Being concise
• Comparatives and superlatives
• The role of punctuations
• How to proofread your own writing effectively
Module 8: Coaching Wisdom
• Distinction in effective business writing
• Tips and secrets for effective business writing
• The secret of a great writer