As education, learning and teaching all grow to incorporate new meanings, educators must constantly grow and reshape their ability to create the most inclusive, interesting and effective classroom possible. Contemporary literature and practical knowledge suggest that a student-centered environment is the best way to achieve this end.
At the end of program, participants will be able to:
- Clearly explain the importance of a student-centered classroom
- Explain the various methods through which a teacher can promote a student-centered classroom
- Demonstrate the various methods through which a teacher can promote a student-centered classroom
- Employ effective classroom management strategies which support student centered learning environments
- Communicate effectively with students about how to ensure that they take full-advantage of the student-centered classroom
- Create, implement and assess student-centered assessment materials
Lecturers, teachers, trainers, and administrators in educational institutions who are directly or indirectly involved in the teaching and learning environment.
PEOPLE WHO SEARCHED THIS ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN:
Module 1 – What is a Student-centered classroom
- What does it look like?
- How is it organized?
- Who runs the class?
- What are the challenges with implementation?
Module 2 – Preparing students for a new style of learning
- Painting a clear picture of student-centered classrooms
- Showing clear examples of student-centered-classroom techniques
- Establishing the Teacher’s role as Facilitator
Module 3 – The Teacher’s Role in the Student-centered classroom
- Coping with a new style of teaching
- Releasing in order that your students may own their learning
- Allowing students to make mistakes
- Providing positive feedback
Module 4 – The Students’ Role in the Student-Centered classroom
- Keeping Learners Occupied & On-task
- Building confidence in your students while using student-centered approaches
- Encouraging learners to share
- Reinforcing the importance of student-centered practices to students
Module 5 – Student-centered classroom in real-time
- Identification of specific student-centered techniques as presented by peers
- Real Time demonstration of student-centered techniques and strategies with peer feedback