We are living in unprecedented times where we are expected to adapt to situations faster than ever before. This has taken a toll on professionals across industries as they struggle to cope with higher expectations while trying their best to make sense of the uncertainty of a pandemic that has no indication of ending anytime soon.
This programme will provide practical techniques to work better with stress and emotions for increased work performance, greater focus, as well as an enhanced sense of wellbeing among participants.
- Able to describe the definitions of stress, emotions, and burnout.
- Able to review current emotion regulation strategies in their work and personal life.
- Able to create a strategy to prevent or deal with burnout symptoms.
- Able to formulate a self-care routine that is effective, efficient and can be immediately used after the session.
Using a combination of short lecture sessions, small group discussion, quizzes, video clips and demonstrations.
Module 1: Being a Professional in the Time of the Pandemic
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: The Global Event that Changed the Way We Work
- Working from Home: A Blessing or A Burden?
- Stress Management in the Time of the Pandemic
- Self – Assessment: Perceived Stress Scale
Module 2: The Neuroscience of Stress and Emotions
- The Brain as the Survival Tool
- The Stress Response and Emotions
- The Body-Brain Connection to Stress
- Emotion Regulation of the Self
Module 3: Burnout Prevention
- Definition of Burnout
- Signs and Symptoms of Burnout
- Challenges in Dealing or Preventing Burnout
- Strategies to Prevent or Deal with Burnout
Module 4: The S.A.F.E. formula for Self Care
- Definition of Self-Care
- Challenges in Developing a Self-care Strategy
- 6 Categories of Self-Care
- The S.A.F.E. Formula for Self-Care