Servicing happy customers enjoyable for those in a service role. However, helping those who are “not so happy” can be stressful
Handling Demanding and Difficult Customers program is to educate, empower and equip employers and employees with skills on techniques to build rapport, listen to customers, choose words that say “professional, polished, and in control”, de-escalate tense conversations, and manage daily stress.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
• Quickly build rapport with customers.
• Explain why customers get upset.
• Choose client-centric language.
• Listen and indicate they have heard what their customers have said.
• Reset customer expectations.
• Communicate with unreasonable customers.
• Better manage service-related stress.
The foundation of our training is anchored in activity-based experiential learning. This methodology takes into consideration different learning and communication styles, and more importantly speaking the client’s language and understands cultural differences. It is through active participation that the adoption and application of theory is expedited, and it is with that outlook that the basis of each experience is governed by the following parameters:
- All participants are fully engaged at all times.
- All engagements are lively and foster knowledge transfer and idea sharing amongst participants.
- All participants maintain a positive learning environment.
- All participants leave the course with
clear personal action planand recommendations for addressing critical challenges with their professional development.
- All participants will explore concepts that will help them bring out the best self into focus, enabling them to be more sensitive, effective, increase awareness and joy in choosing how to lead their life.
Course Outline & Schedule
- Ice Breaker
ishandling difficult customers/situations
- Identify different types of difficult customers
9.30am Understanding Why Difficult Situations Arise and Customers Are Demanding
- Reasons customers become upset, demanding, and hard to satisfy
thetrigger points, isolate
- Identify any possible process issues
- Methods to improve customer experience
10.15am Tea Break
10.30am Building Rapport and Listening
- Process of rapport building
- Methods to communicate wisely with customers
- 10 steps to effective listening skills
- Active Listening Exercise
2.00pm The Magic Words/Phrases for Dealing with Angry Customers
- Phrases to use to show the customers you are listening
- Techniques to with empathy and discernment
- Can you take ownership to handle the situation?
- Affirm, affirm and affirm
- Maintaining good boundaries
3.15pm Tea Break
3.30pm Methods in Handling Difficult Customers
- Identify rude, obnoxious and angry customer
- G.R.O.W methodologies to handle customers
- Coping with
- Connect with your customers
- Practice your listening skills
- Resolving to everyone’s satisfaction
9.00am Effectiveness of the Methods in Handling Difficult Customers (Case Study)
- Are you able to Identify rude, obnoxious and angry
customer IsG.R.O.W methodologies helpful for you to handle customers
- How did you cope with
- Did you manage to build and connect with your
- Are you satisfied with your
10.15am Tea Break
10.30am Dealing with Unreasonable Customers
- Methods to handle customers who attempt to take advantage of the serving organization
- Technique for handling offensive or abusive language
- Group discussion
2.00pm Managing Stress
- What is stress?
- Reactions to Stress
- Identify signs of Stress
- Stress-management techniques
- Action planning
3.15pm Tea Break
3.30pm Staying Cool and Confident Under Pressure
- Use silence to your advantage
- Earn Respect from customers and colleagues
- Work-Life Balance
- Methods to let go and be cool
- Forgive and Forget