Have you ever drank from the wrong glass or unsure on which fork to use?
Whether it is in a meeting, in midst of a communication, on a business trip, at a business social mixer, or at an important business meal, you are creating an impression. Do you want it a lasting one or the last one?
Etiquette directly impacts the bottom line because decision makers, colleagues, bosses, clients, and prospects will choose to do business with people in whom they have confidence.
In addition to great job performance, having good dining etiquette helps to establish your credibility and reputation. It also helps to make you an accepted member of the business group. It is not about eating, it’s about socializing with the person that you are eating with.
Have you heard of “Power Lunches”?
This could be your best chance to negotiate business deals and create good relationship with your clients.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand Dining Rules and Styles
- Methods to properly hold the utensils
- Dos and don’ts of dining
- To practice proper western dining method – Continental Dining and Zig-Zag Dining
- Projecting confidence and handling food in different dining scene
- To demonstrate how to order food and pay the bill
- To know how to be a gentlemen and elegant lady
- Practice Seating arrangement Etiquette
- Build strong relationships in business and social
- Get connected in Business Meal
The foundation of our training is anchored in activity-based experiential learning. This methodology takes into consideration different learning and communication styles, and more importantly speaking the client’s language and understands cultural differences. It is through active participation that the adoption and application of theory is expedited, and it is with that outlook that the basis of each experience is governed by the following parameters:
- All participants are fully engaged at all times.
- All engagements are lively and foster knowledge transfer and idea sharing amongst participants.
- All participants maintain a positive learning environment.
- All participants leave the course with clear personal action plan and recommendations for addressing critical challenges with their professional development.
- All participants will explore concepts that will help them bring out the best self into focus, enabling them to be more sensitive, effective, increase awareness and joy in choosing how to lead their life.
Course Outline & Schedule
- Ice Breaker
- Why is Dining Etiquette important?
9.30am Importance of PROTOCOL & ETIQUETTE
- The Principles of Etiquette & Protocol
- Demonstrate Greetings and Introductions in Social Scene
- Demonstrate the power with your Handshake on your arrival
- Methods to handle Name Cards during Social Scene
- *Group discussion &
10.15am Tea Break
10.30am Dine with FINESE
- Dining Rules & Styles
- Methods to handle utensils confidently
- Demonstrate Western dining Methods – Continental Dining and Zig-Zag Dining
- Difference between Malaysian protocol and International etiquette
Dos& Don’ts of Dining Etiquette
2.00pm Practice Seating Arrangement Etiquette
- Identify the appropriate seating arrangement for business and social
- Plan seating charts
- Place hosts and understand order of precedence and seniority
- Business Dining Etiquette Seating protocol
- Group discussion & Role-play
3.15pm Tea Break
3.30pm Build relationship and Influence Customers with the Art of Business meal
- The Art of Ordering Food to Impress
- Observe little tail sign of your client’s taste bud
- Building network during meal time
- Dos & Don’ts of conversation during meal time
- How to start a conversation
- Preparation before appointment
- Exercise the Art of Small Talk to build relationship
- Small talk dos & don’ts
- *Group discussion & Role-play