Have you ever been speaking to a group of people and you sense that people are not receptive towards you? Do you want to learn how to evaluate whether people would buy or not, simply by watching their body language?
The way we talk, walk, sit and stand say something about us, and whatever is happening on the inside can be reflected on the outside. By becoming more aware of this body language and understanding what it might mean, you can learn to read people more easily. By increasing your understanding of others, you can also become more aware of the messages that you convey to others.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Observe body language and nonverbal communication
- Discover the hidden meaning of the body language
- A knowledge of proximity levels
- Demonstrate eye-contact method for Personal, Social, and Business
- Demonstrate the Power Gestures to be used during Communications, Negotiations, or Sales
- Projecting positive body language and build rapport in Business and Social scene
- Methods to manage nervousness in Presentation, Business and Social
- Mastering the Art of Poise & Posture
- Practice the Power Handshakes and Handling Name card with professionalism
- An understanding of cultural differences
The foundation of our training is anchored in activity-based experiential learning. This methodology takes into consideration different learning and communication styles, and more importantly speaking the client’s language and understands cultural differences. It is through active participation that the adoption and application of theory is expedited, and it is with that outlook that the basis of each experience is governed by the following parameters:
- All participants are fully engaged at all times.
- All engagements are lively and foster knowledge transfer and idea sharing amongst participants.
- All participants maintain a positive learning environment.
- All participants leave the course with clear personal action plan and recommendations for addressing critical challenges with their professional development.
- All participants will explore concepts that will help them bring out the best self into focus, enabling them to be more sensitive, effective, increase awareness and joy in choosing how to lead their life.
Course Outline & Schedule
- What is Nonverbal Communication?
- Why is Body Language Important in Business and Social?
9.15am The First Impression – Visual Impact
- The Proximity between you and others
- The importance of your Posture to create an impactful first impression
- Demonstrate Eye Contact methods – cultural awareness
- Your smile does matter in first impression
9.45am The Power of Handshake
- What your handshake tells about your personality
- Discover different types of Handshake
- Why you should offer your handshake first
- Tips on proper Handshake Etiquette
10.15am Tea Break
10.30pm Introduction & Name Card Etiqette
- Methods to give and receive
- How to introduce yourself and addressing others
- Practice eye contact, methods to give proper handshake, name card and introduce yourself
11.00pm The meaning of your Gestures
- What is
- Identify the general gestures to be used and avoid
2.00pm Body language for Success
- Identify the meaning of each body language
- Methods to project confidence in poise and posture
- Use body language to build rapport in business and social scene
- Increase sales effectiveness with body language
- Reading people’s body language
3.30pm Tea Break
3.45pm Presentation Skills
- Create your Successful Elevator pitching
- Methods to manage nervousness during
- Observe your audience and get connected with your eye contact