This workshop is to equip Leaders with all the right “tools” to develop and hone their interpersonal communication skills. The objectives of the workshop are:
• Increase their awareness of their strengths and potentials.
• Understand the impact their traits and behavioural values to unleash strengths of others.
• Improve communications skills for effectively managing their team.
• Improve their ability to ask powerful questions, listen actively, provide feedforward ideas and validate others
Upon completing Interpersonal Communication Skills, participants should be able to:
• Learn and understand their own traits and behavioural values
• Understand the behavioural tendencies of your team members enabling them to communicate more effectively
• Enhance self-awareness of their communication styles
• Apply interpersonal communication skills effectively in day-to-day interactions
We use Harrisons Assessment Tools as a tool to Engage, Retain and Develop
We apply an experiential approach to enable participants “learn by doing”.
The methodology focuses on:
• Review and analysis of Pre-Program On-line Harrisons Assessment tools
• Individual and Group Exercises
• Skills practices/Role-plays
• Giving & receiving feedback & feedforward
• Interactive coaching by Facilitator
• Behavioral Style and Measurement
The group will learn to identify each style and gain shared points of reference for better communication.
• What are Communications/Elements of Communication
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Maintain and enhance self-esteem
- Sharing Thoughts & Feelings
• The Key Skills of Interpersonal Communications
- Building Safety and Rapport
• Asking Powerful Questions
- Purpose of Questions
- Types of Questions
- Asking Powerful Questions Practice
• Active Listening
- What is Active Listening?
- Observing, reflecting, paraphrasing, summarising
- Active Listening Practice
Participants will learn about validation techniques to give feedback to reinforce and motivate positive behaviour. They will review and discuss learning from the video on “Validation”.
Participants will learn about approaches to giving and receiving feedback and will also learn a new technique called “Feedforward”. There will be skills practice session on Feedforward
• Skills Practice - Putting It All Together
Each participant will be required to participate in a role play where they will put all their learning into the skills practice. Participants will be required to provide feedback to each other and suggestions for improvements.
• Develop Action Plans
Participants will develop an Action Plan to apply their learning. They will identify what they will need to STOP doing, CONTINUE doing and START doing as well.
Jeff Cheah understands the challenges of managing & leading a group of people towards meeting targets & goals. It’s all about sharing the vision, communicating roles and responsibilities, create a people-oriented workplace culture and coaching people. He believes that every Leader possesses skills, talent, ideas, faults, and flaws.
The Leader & Manager must have the courage & humility to unlearn & learn and seek to understand what makes people tick. Jeff Cheah has been training, coaching and mentoring Leaders & Managers for the past 25 years to sharpen their leadership and communication skills. In his role as a Training Facilitator, he has lead groups of Managers towards practicing and implementing programs to develop their basic management skills which are essential to the success of Companies they managed.
As an Executive Coach, he has made Leaders aware that a shift or change in their behavior can result in positive business outcomes. He has also explored ideas and thoughts that Leaders can immediately put into action that can result in employees be more loyal and committed. He personally believes that every Leader needs a Coach and a Mentor to guide them thru the challenges. A leader with a will to learn and possess strong learning agility will be able to meet the challenges of managing in the 21st century
Jeff Cheah makes the most of his 27 years of Leadership, Management, and Executive Coaching experience to help Leaders succeed. He started his career in NCR Corporation and IBM in Sales and Marketing positions and eventually started his own business in Software Solutions for Enterprise Resource Planning & Financial/Treasury Solutions holding Senior Management positions.
Qualifications & Accreditations
Jeff Cheah graduated from Universiti Sains Malaysia (Penang) with a B.Sc (Hons) major in Mathematics.
Certified Coach at Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching
Certified Master Performance Coach by JMC Mastery
Certified NBO 360 Feedback System
Certified in Harisson Assessments tools
Certified Exec Trainer of NBO Leadership & Communication Skills programs
“Jeff has the ability to make people feel at ease and willingly open up to him. This arises from the genuine concern and patience he demonstrated. He played a pivotal role in discovering my true potential and coaching me to forge ahead to achieve my dreams. I was continually challenged, pushed out of my comfort zone and most importantly he makes me believe in myself. I am glad that I chose to be coached by Jeff”
Fatimah Khamis, Vice President, IT Planning, Strategy & PMO, Bank Rakyat Malaysia