Besides making sustainable profits, every organization craves to effective teamwork and cooperation between colleagues. However, dealing with different personalities and various interests generates many tensions. Ultimately, no single team can avoid tensions. However, the teams who know how to manage conflicts avoid pain and disaster; these teams turn challenges into precious opportunities to find better ways for growth.
This program raises awareness of each person's own behaviors, values, and attitudes that may influence their actions in a professional context and even lead to conflict. It provides several tools and methodologies to discern on when to handle conflict, how to negotiate, how to address the real problems, how to find creative solutions as well as how to reduce the most common conflict triggers such as stress and emotions.
Participants can directly apply both the self-development part and every single methodology straight away. Ample practice during the program gives the opportunity to gain confidence in each participant’s ability to embrace new practices and apply efficiently at work. During the program, we use a real example of the participants’ unsettled issues at their own working places, while keeping all this confidential.
Knowing how to handle conflict enables to face difficult situations and limit the incurred damages. Best practices in preventing conflicts develop enhanced relational leadership skills and lead to reinforced positive behaviors, attitudes, practices and achievements.
- Raise our personal awareness to prevent entering into conflict unwillingly
- Reframe our perspectives of people and situation into opportunities to adjust and develop
- Chose the right time, behaviour, attitude and strategy to address conflicts
- Know exactly when and how to intervene while noticing tensions
- Develop empathy for better understanding and solution findings
- Enhance relationships at work for lasting cooperation
- Maximise our ability to deal with stress and difficult situations
- Coach most powerful emotions with a simple model
- Embrace the top negotiators and mediators' mindset about constructive solutions emerging from conflicts for a greater and lasting benefit
- Harness the energy of conflict for creativity and development
- Self-assessment questionnaire at the start of the program
- Self-assessment questionnaire at the end of the program
- Team Coaching and/or One on One Coaching - additional option
- to address a recurrent or lasting conflict
- to develop personal competencies in preventing conflicts as a key leadership skill, to sharpen negotiating abilities and to turn difficult situations into growth opportunities
- Lectures integrated with videos focused on key aspects of conflict management
- Group discussions and team activities
- Coaching practice on handling emotions
- Poesy writing for increased creativity in finding solutions
- Music analysis to sharpen listening skills in conflict
The shared or various perspectives we bring
- How differently we consider, judge and evaluate people
- Experiencing judgement
- Assessing the reliability and accuracy of our and others’ judgments
What makes a conflict arising
- Identifying typical conflict sources, at personal, team or organizational levels
- Differentiating internal or external perspectives
- Choosing among the conflict phases when is the optimal time to handle conflicts
- Positive outcomes from conflicts
Different layers and angles of perceptions
- Discriminating between observation and analysis
- Identifying what relates to behaviour and what relies on identity
- Laying the foundations for an agreement to handling conflict constructively
How to handle emotions
- Understanding the influence of emotions on behaviours, perception & conflicts
- Decrypting the major emotions and turning them into constructive actions
- Coaching model practice to experience the significant benefits of first handling the emotions before addressing any reasoning
Identifying conflict reasons
- Getting awareness on our own rigidities, fundamental key principles, and motivations that no one is eager to negotiate, thus leading to conflicts
- Identifying our reactions when these fundamentals get compromised
Ways to strengthen emotional intelligence
- Connecting with the universality of needs
- Understanding differing personal strategies to fulfill needs, with conflicting impacts
- Sharpening listening skills
How to address the key underlying issues
- Digging under the different layers to properly define the real challenge
- Addressing the right conflict sources, in order to prevent their recurrence
- Understanding the functioning of our unconscious mind for powerful questioning
Overview of the method to handling conflict
- Steps to handle any conflict
- Understanding how to apply this structured methodology to conflicts at work
How to choosing the best suitable attitude
- Recognizing the different attitudes towards conflict
- Appreciating the consequences of each different attitudes on the conflict itself and on the parties involved
- Choosing the most appropriate attitude to address a difficult situation
Ways to finding creative solutions
- Experiencing how to boost creativity for solutions finding
- Understanding the power of focus
- Getting ideas on inspirational sources
Fundamentals of negotiation
- Adopting the right mindset to negotiate
- Identifying all positions at stake
- Preparing a strategic plan
How to encourage collaboration
- Applying the different steps of non-violent communication
- Acting as a mediator
- Harnessing the energy of conflict for collaboration
Ways to adjust for stress and prevent conflict escalation
- Understanding different levels of stress
- Getting awareness on how stress impact conflicts
- Coping with the right level of stress and get ways to reduce stressful situations
How to bring clarity and perspective to prevent conflict
- Defining SMART - PCP goals
- Alleviating the typical traps of formal goals
- Clarifying expectations with straight-forward model
Creating a conflict-free climate
- Understanding the fundamentals of positive reinforcement
- Building a trusting climate
- Accentuating the positive with praise
Certified Executive Coach
Marianne Dupuis embraced an international career for 18 years in Kyoto, Kuala Lumpur, France and in Luxembourg for major companies such as Ajinomoto, Credit Lyonnais, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young and the Central Bank of Luxemburg.
Highly invested in the financial sector, she held several positions as project manager, auditor – both internal and external - as well as risk manager, guided by a strong sense of ethics and seeking for constant improvement coupled with lasting human development.
Besides handling with the stressful conditions inherent to these job assignments, Marianne led multi-cultural international teams with very different perspectives, rhythms and languages.
She also reported very frequently to top management leaders on risk matters and strategical decisions to be taken, usually not the kind of pleasant issues that people want to hear. Hence, Marianne had many real life opportunities to sharpen her skills on negotiating to prevent and resolve conflicts at work.
Once certified with honors as a Coach, Trainer and HR consultant from the Institute of Applied Neurosciences in Paris, Marianne was well equipped with coaching techniques to create conflict-free working climates. She mostly uses well-recognized techniques, such as NLP reframing, Transactional Analysis behavioral adjustments, Emotional Intelligence empathy or Non-Violent Communication, even at work, in rather traditional environments such as financial institutions.
In her programs, Marianne additionally uses artistic techniques and artworks, as a meaningful detour for self-development, awareness, creativity, fun and authenticity.
Some programs, such as emotional intelligence or resilience to stress also enable her to use the Emotional Freedom Technique as well as guided imagery.
Marianne makes a point at using these techniques to create a unique experience for each group of participant. She also incorporate the current issues that the participants are facing and lead them to resolve these challenges during the program. Not only do participants practice on their own material and can straight-away apply at their desk, but that also demonstrates them how methodologies really work and give them confidence that they can get lasting results, worth their engagement.
Marianne loves sharing her knowledge and skills with participants, as she is passionate about human growth and development. She ensures that each of them leaves the program motivated to use the content presented, for lasting results and significant impact at work.
Some of the prestigious clients that Marianne had the honor to serve in their growth:
- in Malaysia: Employee Provident Fund/KWSP (national employee pension fund), HASIL (national tax board), Time (telecom provider), WITC (work in the city network), RHB (major retail and investment bank), Alcatel-Lucent (telecom provider), MARDI (ministry of agriculture and sustainable development), MyClear (national clearing house), Airbus (international aircraft constructor), BSN Prudential (insurance), Scope International (bank operations) .
- in Europe: AnniversaireCreatif, Central Bank of Luxembourg, Arthur Andersen, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Enrst & Young
As an experienced certified Coach, Marianne also supervises and mentors professional Coaches. She is a founding an active member of the Association of Coaching Supervisors and Mentors in Malaysia. Marianne has been coaching people from Luxembourg, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, Malaysia, France, Poland, Egypt and the United States. Hence, she constantly applies international best practice standards.