This training will provide the participants with skills that will allow them to understand and apply the process of creativity and innovation. Further, they will practice tools that can greatly enhance creativity and effectiveness in problem solving. Participants will be able to apply these skills both personally and professionally.
Upon the completion of this programme, participants will be able to:-
• Unleash their creativity and innovative skills in them (Discovering Individual Talents)
• Understand their personal role in creativity and innovation
• Understand key elements of the environment relating to creativity and innovation
• Learn and use a range of powerful techniques for creative problem solving
• Apply creativity and innovation at work
• Solve some of their personal problems
Who Should Attend
Fresh Graduates, Executives, Junior Executives, Senior Executives, Assistant Managers
Training Methodology will be based on the following
: Highly Interactive Session, with a bilateral approach to the subject matter allowing participants to
share incidences at respective work locations.
: Short Video Presentation
: Mind Mapping and Recap Sessions
: Workshop Session – allowing participants to have a hands on participation in the application of Creative and innovative skills in executing a project or job designated to them. There will be heavyreliance on synergising as a team to achieve an organisation’s goal and objective
: Ice Breaking / Monotony Breaking Sessions – Purpose of rejuvenating the mind
Duration: 2 days (Daily 9am – 5pm)
9.00am – 10.30am I • Course Overview
• Pre training Evaluation Quiz
• What Is Creativity and Innovation?
- Creativity and Innovation: A Breakdown
- Know Your Creative Potential
• Individual Creativity
- Know Yourself
- Boost Your Creative Juices
• Get Creative
- Trashing of Non Creative and Negative Thoughts (The Negative Energy Box Activity) Classroom activity.
10.30am – 10.45am Tea break
10.45am – 1.00pm II
• Understanding Creativity
- Introduction to the Different Thinking Styles
- Barriers to Creative Thinking
- Balloonology - Appreciating the Value of Creativity
- Creativity vs. Artistry
• Four Climates of Creativity
- Breaking the Psychological Barrier
- The Power of Imagination
- Pattern Breaking with Lateral /Out of Box Thinking
- Creative Thinking Simulation – ‘Confessions of a Creative Mind Activity’
1.00pm – 2.00pm Lunch
2.00pm – 3.30pm III • Four Steps of Creative Innovation (Part 1)
- Creativity vs. Innovation
- Thinking Styles Profiling
- Creative Innovation Problem Solving Process Intro - The Storyboard
- Techniques to Stimulate the Mind
- Techniques for Ideas Generation - Cross Brainstorming & Analogy
• Four Steps of Creative Innovation (Part 2)
- Techniques for Ideas Evaluation and Selection
- The decision making matrix
- Practical Creative Innovation Simulation
- Summary everyday creativity
3.30pm – 3.45pm Tea break
3.45pm – 5.00pm IV • “Balloonology” – Group Activity
9.00am – 10.30am I
• Developing the Right Environment for Creativity
- What Does a Creative Environment Look Like?
- Build Your Creative Environment
• Creativity and Innovation in Business
- The Role of Creativity and Innovation in Business
- The Birth of the Four Seasons: A Case Study
• ‘Perspective Thinking to Unleash Creativity Within’- Group Work followed by Presentation.
10.30am – 10.45am Tea break
10.45am – 1.00pm II • Six Thinking Hats (Edward DeBono’s)
- White Hat
- Red Hat
- Black hat
- Yellow Hat
- Green Hat
- Blue Hat
• The Magenta Approach
- Combination of Six Thinking Hats
- The right key of EQ
• The Fusion Theory
- Fused Minds vs Confused Minds
• Defining the Problem
- Problem Identification
- Eight Essentials to Defining a Problem
- Tie It All Together
- Problem Solving Activity
• Creative Techniques
- Walk An Extra Mile
- Using Mind Mapping
- Map It Out!
- Metaphors and Analogies
- Make a Metaphor
- Situation/Solution Reversal
- Reverse It to Solve It
- Draw It Out!
• Encouraging Creativity In A Team
- Mind storming
- Plan It Out!
- Role storming
- Act It Out!
- The Stepladder Technique
- Brain writing
- The Slip Writing Technique
• Group Activity - Job related Problem Solving with Creativity & Innovation.
1.00pm – 2.00pm Lunch
2.00pm – 3.30pm III • ‘Soccer Goal Post Building Activity’
3.30pm – 3.45pm Tea break
3.45pm – 5.00pm IV
• Putting It All Together
- Create Ideas and Choose Your Solution
• Recap and Mind Mapping
• Post Training Evaluation Quiz
TRAINER PROFILE - SURESH KUMAR
S. Suresh Kumar is a trained and certified Risk Management professional in the area of Supply Chain Management and Brand Protection. He attained his Bachelors Degree in Law from the University of Wolverhampton (UK). He then went on to be trained and certified as an auditor and practitioner in the specialized area of Risk Management under the auspices of United States of America Customs and Border Protection(CTPAT Standards); and; Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA Standards), Asia. He is also a Human Resources Development Trainer certified by the Human Resources Ministry.
He is currently the Managing Director of Paradigm Resources (his own business entity), specialized in providing risk management / assessment services for internal / external associates; Consultation on Brand Standards / Management / Protection; Contract Management; Outsourcing & Subcontracting; and; Human Resources training and development programmes on various specialized topics, predominantly, Risk Management related subject matters, either on an one off or Project basis.
Due to his passion for training and knowledge sharing, he is also currently a Lecturer for Asia e University, lecturing both undergraduate and post graduate students on Risk Management module.
With his background of a law degree, he is able to invoke legal implications in his programmes to make it more comprehensive and value added substance. In addition, his fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia enables him to conduct training programmes effectively in both languages.
Prior to his involvement in this field, the facilitator has wide working experience throughout his 15 years of working career in the specialized area of Risk Management, Security Management and Investigations (HR, Security (Operational and Information Security) and Safety, Corporate Governance and Ethics). Being a Head of Department in each of this portfolios, he has acquired substantial job related knowledge and experience in sectors comprising of Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Hospitality Management (Brand Standard & Management) and Contract Manufacturing (Brand Protection and Management). He is also a trained Workplace Counselor and by virtue of his portfolio of having to deal with people of different job hierarchy, he has very profound people management skills, negotiation skills and effective interaction skills. His previous employers and related portfolios were as follows:-
> Infineon technologies (M) Sdn Bhd – Security Manager (Backend Manufacturing Plant, Melaka)
> Celcom Axiata Sdn Bhd – Manager, Head of Risk Management (Nationwide)
> Rennaisance Melaka Hotel (Marriott International) – Loss Prevention and Brand Standard Manager ( Melaka Hotel Facility)
> Flextronics Penang - Loss Prevention Manager ( 5 Contract Manufacturing Sites in Penang)
Project Involvement and Lead
> Enhancement Project of Campus wide Access Control and CCTV System
> Anti Fraud Awareness Lead
> Information & Data Protection Policy and Enforcement Project Plan Lead
> Setting up Framework for Corporate Governance and Ethical Conduct
> Ethics Awareness Programme
> Social Accountability 8000 (SA 8000) compliance project
> Site enhancement based on established standards ( OSH, ESH, EMS,CTPAT, TAPA)
> Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Management System for Site
> Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Training for plant wide employees and Contractors ( Contractors Green Card Programme)
> ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Audit for Site and Contractor’s Site (Quarterly Awareness Training and Compliance Audits0
> Campus wide risk assessment to support customer requirements and potential customer requirements, inclusive of external warehouse loss prevention requirements and compliance inspection based on EHS, EMS, PDPA 2010 and Supply Chain Security Standards (TAPA & CTPAT)
> Risk assessment for a newly Flextronics Research and Development Centre in Manila, Philippines based on on EHS, EMS, Supply Chain Security Standards (TAPA & CTPAT)
> Warehouse (Internal /External) Audits – Operations and Information Security Standards
> Transport Security requirement and compliance audit (Replacement of Third Party Escort Services with In built Security features)
> Outsourcing & Subcontracting of Business and Manufacturing Process
> New Site set up and critical infrastructure planning for the Flextronics Penang Mechanical fab.
> Setting up of Crisis Management Team and functionality in collaboration with the Melaka State Crisis Management Team
> Plant wide Access Control System & Digital Patrolling System.
> Security and Safety Enhancement Project for Chip Card Business at Wuxi, China.
> Sub-Contractor Site Business Process, Security, Safety and Business Continuity Standards Enhancement Project
- Munich, Germany
- Manila, Philippines.
- Nantong, China.
- Melaka, Malaysia
> Supply Chain Security Enhancement Project
- Warehouse (Internal/External) Audits
- Route Audit.
- Ground Handling at Cargo Area - Malaysian Airlines System (MAS), Manila Airport, Philippines &
Pudong Airport, China.
• Supply Chain Security Practices & Risk Management Methodology recognized, absorbed and gazetted by Royal Malaysian Customs as guidelines for Customs Golden Client application.
• Trained Workplace Counsellor
• Trained and Certified Information & Data Security Auditor
• Television interview by National Hong Kong Television (NHK TV) on Crisis Management of the missing Malaysian Aircraft (MH370)