For many people, it seems that twenty four hours in is just never enough in a day. They fill their days with loads of activities, but achieve very little because they are not doing the right thing. They feel totally stressed when everything seems to become too much to handle and with little or no time to manage. They feel overloaded and wonder if they can really cope with the pressure building upon them. Anything that poses a challenge or threat to their well-being is a stress.
By learning how to plan and manage time effectively, you can eliminate non-essential activities and achieve more. Planning effectively can make your work more enjoyable and rewarding. And practicing good time management will make you more productive and to say no to impossible workloads.
How You Will Benefit:
At the end of this 2-day program, participants should be able to…
- plan, organize and execute work effectively by using the Urgency/Importance Matrix
- apply a systematic approach to manage time for better and improved results
- Develop strategies to handle and manage stress
Module 1: Managing Your Work
- Understand your role, job function, and duties
- Handling expectation – from your boss, peers, boss’ subordinates, and yourself
- Identify the essential skills that you need in your job
Module 2: Time Management
- Importance of time management
- How well do you manage time – productivity?
- Identify time wasters
- Work objectives & results
- Timeline & dateline
- Self awareness
- Pomodoro technique
- Urgent/Important Matrix
- Finding more time
- Taking control of your time
- Getting more with same effort
Module 6: Time Management Challenges
- Managing interruptions
- Minimizing distraction
- Know how to say NO
Module 7: Self -Management Strategies
- Self- monitoring
- Antecedent manipulations
- Reinforcing and punishers
- Social support
S. Suresh Kumar is a trained and certified Risk Management professional in the area of Supply Chain Management and Brand Protection. He attained his Bachelors Degree in Law from the University of Wolverhampton (UK). He then went on to be trained and certified as an auditor and practitioner in the specialized area of Risk Management under the auspices of United States of America Customs and Border Protection(CTPAT Standards); and; Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA Standards), Asia. He is also a Human Resources Development Trainer certified by the Human Resources Ministry.
He is specialized in providing risk management / assessment services for internal / external associates; Consultation on Brand Standards / Management / Protection; Contract Management; Outsourcing & Subcontracting; and; Human Resources training and development programmes on various specialized topics, predominantly, Risk Management related subject matters, either on an one off or Project basis.
Due to his passion for training and knowledge sharing, he is also currently a Lecturer for Asia e University, lecturing both undergraduate and post graduate students on Risk Management module.
With his background of a law degree, he is able to invoke legal implications in his programmes to make it more comprehensive and value added substance. In addition, his fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia enables him to conduct training programmes effectively in both languages.
Prior to his involvement in this field, the facilitator has wide working experience throughout his 15 years of working career in the specialized area of Risk Management, Security Management and Investigations (HR, Security (Operational and Information Security) and Safety, Corporate Governance and Ethics). Being a Head of Department in each of this portfolios, he has acquired substantial job related knowledge and experience in sectors comprising of Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Hospitality Management (Brand Standard & Management) and Contract Manufacturing (Brand Protection and Management). He is also a trained Workplace Counselor and by virtue of his portfolio of having to deal with people of different job hierarchy, he has very profound people management skills, negotiation skills and effective interaction skills. His previous employers and related portfolios were as follows:-
- Infineon technologies (M) Sdn Bhd – Security Manager (Backend Manufacturing Plant, Melaka)
- Celcom Axiata Sdn Bhd – Manager, Head of Risk Management (Nationwide)
- Rennaisance Melaka Hotel (Marriott International) – Loss Prevention and Brand Standard Manager ( Melaka Hotel Facility)
- Flextronics Penang - Loss Prevention Manager ( 5 Contract Manufacturing Sites in Penang)
Project Involvement and Lead
- Enhancement Project of Campus wide Access Control and CCTV System
- Anti Fraud Awareness Lead
- Information & Data Protection Policy and Enforcement Project Plan Lead
- Setting up Framework for Corporate Governance and Ethical Conduct
- Ethics Awareness Programme
- Social Accountability 8000 (SA 8000) compliance project
- Site enhancement based on established standards ( OSH, ESH, EMS,CTPAT, TAPA)
- Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Management System for Site
- Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Training for plant wide employees and Contractors ( Contractors Green Card Programme)
- ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Audit for Site and Contractor’s Site (Quarterly Awareness Training and Compliance Audits0
- Campus wide risk assessment to support customer requirements and potential customer requirements, inclusive of external warehouse loss prevention requirements and compliance inspection based on EHS, EMS, PDPA 2010 and Supply Chain Security Standards (TAPA & CTPAT)
- Risk assessment for a newly Flextronics Research and Development Centre in Manila, Philippines based on on EHS, EMS, Supply Chain Security Standards (TAPA & CTPAT)
- Warehouse (Internal /External) Audits – Operations and Information Security Standards
- Transport Security requirement and compliance audit (Replacement of Third Party Escort Services with In built Security features)
- Outsourcing & Subcontracting of Business and Manufacturing Process
- New Site set up and critical infrastructure planning for the Flextronics Penang Mechanical fab.
- Setting up of Crisis Management Team and functionality in collaboration with the Melaka State Crisis Management Team
- Plant wide Access Control System & Digital Patrolling System.
- Security and Safety Enhancement Project for Chip Card Business at Wuxi, China.
- Supply Chain Security Practices & Risk Management Methodology recognized, absorbed and gazetted by Royal Malaysian Customs as guidelines for Customs Golden Client application.
- Trained Workplace Counselor
- Trained and Certified Information & Data Security Auditor
- Television interview by National Hong Kong Television (NHK TV) on Crisis Management of the missing Malaysian Aircraft (MH370)