Studies reveal that as time goes by, the levels of perceived work stress are increasing. One study estimates that 26% of employees face high levels of burnout due to stress . In addition, 29% of employees encounter extreme stress at work . These numbers constitute more than a quarter of an organization’s workforce.
It is an accepted fact that stress costs organizations money and other valuable resources that could be deployed in a more productive manner instead; not to mention, the welfare of employees at all levels. Stress causes a breakdown of communication and relationships, causing conflict and disharmony in the workplace. It is also a huge deterrent to productivity and quality of work. All in all, it is completely in the interest of any organization to invest in reducing or managing stress at the workplace.
Malaysia is on its way to competing with major global players, and this means that stress levels will continue to rise. There is a need for employees to be able to manage this stress. This program aims to increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of stress, its components and its sources. This understanding will empower participants to respond to stress in an effective manner. Employees will first analyse their existing stress-management style, and then be exposed to different stress-management techniques and strategies. Customising these to find a solution that works for each of them, participants will complete this course feeling empowered to tackle stress that keeps them from delivering their very best for the organization.
- To define stress
- To experience the effects of stress
- To conceptualize the dynamics of stress in our lives
- To list the needs for stress management
- To list and increase awareness of multiple stressors
- To normalize stress factors which most people encounter
- To identify various stress symptoms
- To identify various responses to stress
- To identify our contribution to our stressors
- To identify and experience 4 types of stress management techniques – cognitive, emotional, physical and behavioral
- To reflect and identify stress management strategies that are most effective for ourselves going forward
PEOPLE WHO SEARCHED THIS ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN:
Stress Stress Stress!
• What is stress?
• What causes your experience of stress?
• What are your expectations with stress management?
The Stress EQuation
• Stress as a fact of life
• Yerkes Dodson Law of Stress
• The importance of stress management
Where is the Stress Coming From?
• Stressors from work
• Stressors from home
• Stressors from the community
• Stressors from ourselves
• The 3 Fs
• The Fear Factor
• The 4th F
Consequences and Symptoms of Stress
• Cognitive symptoms
• Emotional symptoms
• Behavioral symptoms
• Physiological symptoms
“Me” in the Stress EQuation
• How do I contribute to my stress
• Why do I contribute to my stress
• How to de-code and re-code our “mental software”
The Wheel Of Work-Life Integration
• Focusing on what is important in our lives
• Focusing on what we want and where we are at
• Letting go of what is not important
Stress Management Techniques - Cognitive
Stress Management Techniques - Behavioral
• Work-Life Integration
• Goal Setting and Planning
• 4 Disciplines of Execution
Stress Management Techniques - Physical
• Deep Breathing and Relaxation
• Exercise & Stretching
Stress Management Techniques – Emotional
• Humor Therapy
• EmOCEAN and The Calm
Moving Forward – Stress Proof My Life
• Action Plan
• Gratitude & Optimism